BWRT in Dorset
Welcome to my website, my name is Marilyn Homer. I am a qualified Psychotherapist and BWRT® Practitioner. I specialise in BWRT®, which is now my predominant therapy and I work with clients from age 7yrs and above with no upper limit. I am based in North Dorset, 15 minutes from Blandford Forum; I work with clients from all parts of Dorset and sometimes from beyond.
Trying to cope with fears, uncomfortable feelings, negative behaviour patterns or limiting beliefs – whether they are about going to the dentist, low self-confidence, anxiety or anger – can be both mentally and physically draining. You do have a choice; you do not have to live with issues like these – BWRT® could help you!
SO, WHAT IS BWRT®?
BWRT® stands for BrainWorking Recursive Therapy®, a model of psychology and psychotherapy created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. It is an innovative new rapid results therapy based on the latest discoveries in neuro-science. It is completely logical, practical and down-to-earth, it does not use hypnosis, tapping, touching, any mystical concept or any other technique not considered to be scientific. It is having remarkable results, not only in the UK but in many other countries around the world.
It is totally unique and unlike any other therapy in several ways. It targets the part of the brain where the unwanted issues or behaviour are created and stored and uses the exact same mental processes to resolve your problems as were active in causing them in the first place. BWRT® enables you to create a different mental reaction before you react to something, and because the technique utilises the way the brain works normally, the change is so natural you will not even be aware of it.
There are three levels of work with BWRT® – Level 1 General Psychopathology; Level 2 Psychology of Identity & Behaviour and Level 3 Psychophysiology.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A SESSION
Throughout the session, you will be required to follow simple instructions, nothing complicated, and be guided in a special way to remove the worrying negative feelings which you are experiencing and replace them, using your own thoughts, to create the change that you would like to achieve.
During some of the process, you will be asked to close your eyes, this is simply to aid your focus without distraction; BWRT® does not involve hypnosis.
If you think that discussing your issue may cause you embarrassment or discomfort, or there are some things that you would rather keep to yourself, then the work can be done ‘content free’. You won’t even have to remember the original event in detail which triggered your issue, just the worst memory recall of it. You will of course, need to offer some brief idea of what it is that is troubling you; how that makes you feel now and how you would like to feel instead. It really can be that straightforward!
Please note, that where necessary with more complex or advanced BWRT® work, investigation would be required to some extent.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT BWRT®?
- It is a Solutions based therapy that is also both logical and scientific. It is based on psychology and neuro-science (the study of the mind and behaviour and the study of the brain and nervous system).
- It is able to deal with a very wide range of issues, from difficulties such as fears and phobias, procrastination, relationship break-up, anxiety or anger to more complex problems such as alcohol abuse, bullying, eating disorders, OCD and much more.
- As long as you know how you would prefer to feel rather than how you currently do, then help is available for you.
- If you feel that your issue is too difficult or embarrassing to discuss or you do not wish to disclose all private thoughts then the process can be done ‘content free’. However, a little detail will be required in order to help you.
- There is no need for long-term sessions to establish the reasons or the root causes of presenting issues.
- It can be conducted online via Zoom, Skype or other similar platforms.
- It is fast; results are rapid and effective!
SOME OF THE ISSUES THAT BWRT® CAN HELP WITH
• Alcohol Problems
• Anger Issues
• Eating Disorders
• Fears & Phobias
• General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
• Goal Attainment
• Identity Issues
• Performance Enhancement
• Performance Anxiety
• Self-Worth/Self-Esteem Issues
• Relationship Issues or Break-up
• Smoking Cessation
• Success Inhibition